Thursday, September 15, 2005

The Country is GONE at WEXT

This just ticks me off...The best country Music Station in this part of the state is going Spanish. Starting Friday 9-16-05 Nextmedia's WEXT 104.7 FM is going to start broadcasting Spanish Music. This Now Leaves only Two Country Music stations in the area Clear Channel's WMIL Fm106 Which only seems to play the Top 40 country songs over and over did sometimes play older stuff recently(mostly as a response to "The Wolf"). The other station is West Bend's WBWI at 92.5 at least they play a good variety of the old and the new but still not as much as WEXT"S " The Wolf" did. I end up switching back and forth depending where I am in the building I'm work in because they fade in and out. I just might end up having to go to an mp3 player on an Ipod to get to listen to the songs I like to listen to only because Milwaukee radio SUCKS...I swear these people in the market here just don't know what the hell they're doing; Just because the ratings aren't good enough these IDIOTS have to take a great sounding station and put on CRAP......I hear from my coworkers and friends who listen to other types of music in their opinion Milwaukee radio also sucks due to the fact the there is NO decent oldies, Rock stations here either. My coworkers who listen to rock have switched to a Madison Wi station that comes in pretty good here considering the distance.....I dont know what the oldies people are doing....besides going out of their minds.....Makes me wonder what the hell nextmedia was thinking since they're in 65 markets why did they have to experiment here with a format I for one am NOT the least bit interested in listening to I'm an American and I wish to listen to Music sung in English. I love Country Music followed by Rock,Classical and any others as long as it is in English maybe excepting Rap and Opera. But I would say this If Rap and Opera would be my only two choices I'd take Opera.....Til next time...G

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home